Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The count down is on...

I'm a bit apprehensive about turning 30 - the countdown is officially on (see my facebook page) - so I decided to challenge myself...

Every month that I'm 30 years old, I'm going to do something that is just for me. I've decided that I'm not going to let life pass me by so instead of using the excuse of no money, or fear, or how it'd be perceived by others, etc, etc. I'm stepping out and going for it! I don't know what each month will involve - it could be as simple as going on a day trip on my own, even trying a new church on my own or something more extensive as signing up for a photography course or boot camp. It doesn't have to be life altering or anything but something that I can be proud of accomplishing.

It may sound a bit mid-life crisis-ish, but I'm OK with that... I want it to be about my personal growth - spiritually, mentally, emotionally - and learning more about who I am as an individual.

My hope is that sharing this with you will be my accountability. I'll post my "activity" at the end of the month and let you know how it went.

So, here I go...

ps. I'd love to hear suggestions of things to try/do as well.

2 comments:

  1. I Love this!!! What a great idea! It's funny because I think of you as being someone who does so many amazing things and am always impressed with your sense of adventure and ability to make anything you touch look beautiful! I'm so excited to read where this next year will take you (here soon,yay!)

    Love you oodles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're awesome :) That is all!

    xo

    ReplyDelete